Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.0 S Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

A week ago I just picked up a 2001 S Turbo from eBay. Very pleased with it so far, not neck snapping acceleration but effortless overtaking - a world apart from the 1.8 petrol Freelander I had before.

I am a PC and networking engineer in the Cotswolds so do a lot of work on farms and in remote houses, so awd and increased ground clearance are musts for me especially in winter as they often don't salt the small lanes.

In the last few years I've had a 4.6 V8 Range Rover which I inherited from my Dad, then the Freelander as a stopgap, and now the Forester. It's my first Japanese car and it's impressed me so far. Only mods I've made are fitting a DAB radio and buying a new load cover as the car didn't come with one.

25mpg on the first tank - a bit worse than the Freelander but a lot better than the Rangie!

Any recommendations for decent afforable (I hesitate to say budget!) tyres? - I'll need a pair on the back fairly soon.

Cheers

IanE

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your '01 Forester purchase! Post up a picture so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts