Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 forester auto
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

i am new guy here, and hopefully not the only one in my position....

I am a vw guy.....but i have made the choice to swap out the old air cooled 60 something hp to a better and more reliable ej25. Not only am i going to 165, but i will have heat!!!!!

My suby; a 315 000 km 2000 forester that runs like new....i am not kidding! Compression is great, no oil burning or coolant disappearing. The only issue is that this particular forester decided to try to eat a deer.....making for some rather minor cosmetic bruises....
And the best part is he just had it in the dealer for head gaskets and timing belt....new everything....hey to me it screams to be put into my camper!!

Anyone really use these smiley things on the right?:rock:haha i just did!

My question, anyone out here did a swap like i am about to do? My VW is a 1979 type 2 westfalia....i would imagine....

Looking forward to chating some of you up....i would imagine there is a fair amount to forester gods here!!!:Banane08: haha i did it again!

Cheers everyone!

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
373 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Western PA.

My first swap was from a Ford Taurus.. Glad I made the switch.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Eyesight CVT
24 Posts
Not only am i going to 165, but i will have heat!!!!!
Welcome from CO. Having heat is really something to celebrate! If you do swap a Subie engine into a VW, make sure you post some pics. That would be one powerful camper!:icon_eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts