Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Looking to buy a used Subaru, preferably a Forester.

Will be used primarily around the Harrisburg, PA area. Not too familiar with the brand, and was hoping to gather intel to make a correct buying decision.

One that I have some interest in right now is an '08 X with 186K in Georgia. All help and advice will be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 Forester X manual
1,275 Posts
welcome to the forum from Washington State first. Is this from a private party or a dealer? The two biggies for the older Foresters as I and others well know, is try to find out if the head gasket and timing belt have been replaced. Very important. Then you can go from there.

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring
33 Posts
What appeals to you about this 2008 model?

Personally, I would not travel over 700 miles to buy an 11 year old car with almost 200,000 miles, regardless of brand.

If you are genuinely interested in purchasing a Subaru Forester, I suspect you can find one closer to home.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome.

The '08 is at a used car lot. Looks extremely clean, probably all highway miles. I have bought several vehicles online; have the seller take them to the local brand dealer for a pre-purchase inspection, get detailed pics/vids, CarFax and if a go, I have the vehicle shipped to where I need it.

Head gasket and timing belt, will check thanks. Although if it is an auction car, might be very difficult to ascertain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts