Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

New to Subaru & Forester

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  spookaroo 
#1 ·
Picked up a Newport Blue Manual 2.5X Premium w/cold weather package. We looked around for awhile, the Forester ended up being the best fit. There are fewer and fewer choices for vehicles with manual transmissions. I know that automatics are great for allot of people but we prefer more driver involvement. It’s nice to see Subaru offering a manual transmission with the premium package (the sunroof was a must for the wife) I just don’t see why they are not offering it in the XT like previous generations.

On a side note thanks for a great forum to research our purchase on, I am one of “those” people that over research everything. Definitely much easier to find out quibbles and what not.

I tried embedding a picture and recived this error "1.You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

#18 ·
Congratulations on your new Fozzie. We will be picking up ours in less than 48 hours!

BTW, I see that yours a PZEV ... mine as well.

But .... what do you mean by "cold weather package"? I am not sure whether we have this available in Canada ......

#20 ·
Welcome, glad you found us and the information to make a smart purchase. Probably can't wipe the smile from your face.:biggrin:

As you've found some great members already lending a helping hand, posting pictures for you:rock: You can help us now, by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it'll show up every time you post making model specific responses easier. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

Enjoy the forum.

#22 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We are getting the short throw kit installed around Noon today, I will let you all know my opinion and maybe even take a before and after video. The cold weather package indeed is heated seats, wipers, and mirrors. That's great that it is standard in Canadian edition.

#25 ·
We had the SPT short throw shifter installed today. It dramatically reduces throws, feels much more direct into & in gears, and has nice weight. On the negative side effort is up by 20% and has a slightly notched feel.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.