Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Newport Blue Manual 2.5X Premium w/cold weather package. We looked around for awhile, the Forester ended up being the best fit. There are fewer and fewer choices for vehicles with manual transmissions. I know that automatics are great for allot of people but we prefer more driver involvement. It’s nice to see Subaru offering a manual transmission with the premium package (the sunroof was a must for the wife) I just don’t see why they are not offering it in the XT like previous generations.

On a side note thanks for a great forum to research our purchase on, I am one of “those” people that over research everything. Definitely much easier to find out quibbles and what not.

I tried embedding a picture and recived this error "1.You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Ky. Pm me your photo links and I will add them.
Thanks, PM'd... Forgot to add that we purchased the short throw kit, and are waiting for the dealer to get it in to be installed.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Congratulations on the new car. This is a great site for research. Welcome to the group.

David

·
Registered
2010 2.5X
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem. Glad I could help. My next phone will be a droid based phone. I need the larger screen for internet forum surfing. Lol.
I like your wife's Forester. My primary vehicle is a 08 Civic Si, so I can understand you wanting to get rid of the wallow. You will have to keep us updated on the suspension setup on it.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
hello and welcome. Ever since Cannonshooter(a fellow member) started his journal, the newport blue became my favorite color

·
Registered
2010 Forester
25 Posts
Congratulations on your new Fozzie. We will be picking up ours in less than 48 hours!

BTW, I see that yours a PZEV ... mine as well.

But .... what do you mean by "cold weather package"? I am not sure whether we have this available in Canada ......

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
In Maryland, the cold weather package was heated seats, mirror/windshield wiper deicer.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us and the information to make a smart purchase. Probably can't wipe the smile from your face.:biggrin:

As you've found some great members already lending a helping hand, posting pictures for you:rock: You can help us now, by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it'll show up every time you post making model specific responses easier. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

Enjoy the forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts