Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy from Texas, everyone. I am very excited to be a new Subaru owner. I have bought Toyotas my whole life (Camry, 2 Tundras, a Tacoma, 2 Rav4s, and I currently still have a 2WD 4Runner) and finally broke away for the functionality, mpg, and offroad capability of Subarus. Last July we purchased a used 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited with 74k miles on it.

We purchased it because we live on a farm and need 4x4/AWD in order to get around on our property and down our driveway during the rainy season. We also travel to the mountains about 4-6 times a year and enjoy driving up forest roads, backroads, and off the beaten path. We love to disperse camp and just explore the beautiful countryside. The offroad capability of the Subaru, even stock, has been a game changer.

I am looking forward to taking this little stock Subie and make it my own. So far I have ditched the stock wheels and put on some crosstrek take offs that I like the look of better. I am putting on the roof basket for our camping adventures and am looking to make some small mods (small lift, skid plates, all-terrain tires, etc) to make it a little more offroad friendly and capable, but have been super impressed thus far.

The only issue I've had so far is the AT Valve Body had to be replaced already (covered under warranty) and the AT Temp light has come on 3 times now.

But other than that issue, we are loving the Forester and hope to get that worked out so we can have lots of adventures in our new ride!!

Thanks so much for this forum. I've already learned a ton and can't wait to explore it more.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,529 Posts
As another 2014 2.5 Limited owner, I welcome you... It will be a great partner for your adventures. I know mine has...!

·
Registered
'14 Forester XT Touring
660 Posts
Welcome. Same here came from a long line of Toyota's, mostly the sports cars section. They are just like Toyotas to a point.. but not totally different like a German car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts