Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Thanks for this GREAT forum!!

It's about time I signed on. I recently moved to Florida after years in NYC and with great local mechanic (there) now on my own to take care of 1999 Subaru Forester L, with 111K 5 spd. I am a former New Englander (as is my present ride=from VT), with 5 prior Subarus, 4 driven to 200K+ miles.

Since I am trying to DIY for my own basic general maintenance, I could use some clear advice on flushing vs refilling this machine's cooling system. Also exactly what product to refill.

Pet Peeve:Quirky overhead console clock only has worked about 10 minutes despite replacing fuses, etc. and there were four identical Foresters parked on my city block!

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,470 Posts
Welcome. Subaru - still the Official Car of New England. We'll miss you up here!

Check out this thread regarding the ever popular clock problem.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thx!

Welcome. Subaru - still the Official Car of New England. We'll miss you up here!

Re: your suggestion to look at the ever popular clock problem solution

I can manage a soldering iron. Great pix. I'll let you know how I make out.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope. Managed to drop all the push contacts

Re: your suggestion to look at the ever popular clock problem solution

so, after dropping all time setting rubber push contacts in the dark taking the cover off, my hopes for repairing the clock is now relegated to a lost cause, but I did get it apart to see that the solder contact was not "clean". Thx for the tip. It would have been fun to see it work right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts