Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester X SG EJ25
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm happy to have discovered this wonderful resource and have been using it heavily the last couple weeks since my new acquisition.

I found a local seller with a very well cared for Forester for sale, his day job is fleet maintenance and this was his wife's car. 147K miles but all of the usual stuff had already been taken care of like head gaskets, timing belt & idlers, water pump, etc so all I have to really focus on is making it mine and a little body work. It already had tinted windows and a sunroof wind spoiler and I've since added a roof rack, well visors and bug deflector to trick out the Carbon Grey body. Looks great, if I get enough posts I'll put up a pic. Only wish it were a manual.

Not my first Suby. Had a 90s vintage Legacy we drove into the ground with 240K+ miles and a really nice manual 2004 Forester that lasted me all of 4 months before it took a head on collision from a F350 truck - which I walked away from unharmed. I've been driving a 03 Pontiac Vibe that was given to me after that unfortunate event for the past 4 years and I gotta say it's good to be back in a Suby again.

Thanks to all who participate here and share the knowledge!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,197 Posts
@DWPress welcome to the forum from Oregon!

You can ask your technical questions here:
You might be interested in starting one of these:
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Reactions: DWPress

·
Registered
309 Posts
Greetings from New Mexico!

Reactions: DWPress

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might be interested in starting one of these:
Thanks @2.5x_sleeper, I've already started taking pics and will if I have time. Haven't had a technical question yet that I haven't found an answer to with a search on these forums.

BTW, girlfriend has a 2003 Forester X in white so we've got a monochromatic theme going in the driveway.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Topaz Gold -- same color as my '08, only mine has no sunroof.
The first things I did were to put in an ATF cooler and flush the radiator (since I had to take it out to put in the lines for the cooler, anyway).
I hope it gives you many thousands of satisfying road miles and a few off-road ones, too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks @08subfor, mine's actually Carbon Grey. Since I hope to put on a trailer hitch I'll look into the cooler proceedure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks @trouthunterjohn, mine's got to remain a kid mover and travel car for now or I'd be mighty tempted to go the direction you have! And a kindred soul I see, I've a trout stream just 30' out the door. :cool:

That's one mean looking brush guard - where did you acquire it?

·
Registered
2006 Forester X, premium
31 Posts
Thanks @trouthunterjohn, mine's got to remain a kid mover and travel car for now or I'd be mighty tempted to go the direction you have! And a kindred soul I see, I've a trout stream just 30' out the door. :cool:

That's one mean looking brush guard - where did you acquire it?
Yes, indeed, on chasing trout. I recently mounted a rod holder on my roof rack so I can keep my fly rods fully assembled between stops. The bar is more of a light bar than brush guard, though it certainly helps. From Rally Innovations, and an easy DIY mount job

1 - 11 of 11 Posts