Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the legacy site but im more of a forester guy so i figured i would post it here too. hope you dont mind. :Banane17:

So i bought a 2005 LGT (160,000 miles) with a blown up turbo the other day. I finally got it in the garage and the turbo take off. The car was blowing oil out the exhaust. when i pulled the intercooler off i could see that the turbo intake side and the intake has standing oil in it. Looks like i will be pulling the motor. ill do head gaskets, timing set, and pull the oil pan.

is there anything else i should do to the motor while it have it tore apart so something like this doesnt happen again? I will get a new turbo. probably a vf40 or vf46. I will be keeping the car stock because it will be sold and it is an automatic.

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT LTD 6 spd
967 Posts
I would think with any sort of damage to the turbo and oiling system you would want to do a complete tear-down and rebuild. That way you can be positive of the integrity of the full engine. If you do the full rebuild with all receipts you should make out pretty well and put a reliable subie back on the road with a happy owner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts