Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester CrossSports
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, a lot of firsts for me with this one, first Subaru, first AWD and first automatic car. Haven't received it yet but I'm expecting it early next month. In typical me fashion I bought mods before I have the car in hand an STi Intercooler.
My past rides were; 98 Mustang GT, 96 Cobra, 93 Integra, 98 Miata, 03 SRT4, 15 Mustang GT.

Here are some pix from the dealership lot;

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,110 Posts
Reactions: ChrisB345

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT 4EAT
11 Posts
Typical me....haven't received the car yet but bought mods.....looking at your previous car history... nothing's gonna change.
Have fun and stay safe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is here! Hopefully, I can collect her from the port this week.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
12 Posts
That's a pretty sweet looking Forester! Hopefully you have better luck than I do trying to find service info on those '03 XTs (doesn't help the US only got the XT in '04, but that's neither here nor there).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a pretty sweet looking Forester! Hopefully you have better luck than I do trying to find service info on those '03 XTs (doesn't help the US only got the XT in '04, but that's neither here nor there).
What parts are you having trouble sourcing?

Looks great! I am waiting for mine to get imported from Japan - can't wait!!
Hope it gets there soon, I know the anxiety lol.

Nice looks in great condition!
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here are some pix of its first wash.

The car has some undocumented issues I'd like to take care of;
  1. When the car shifts into 3rd it's a bit laggy and then, of course, there's an impact with engagement but this only happens on light part throttle. This thread seems similar ('03-'05) - Jerky Shifting Going to try and service it this weekend to see if the trans oil needs changing and also if the OEM filter is being used.
  2. The previous owner while they kept the car clean they were heavy smokers, so I plan to shampoo the seats and check for a cabin filter and order one tonight.
  3. The shift selector light is blown.
  4. Looks like the valve cover gasket is leaking, I'm going to get a second pair of eyes on this as it's my first Subaru.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
12 Posts
What parts are you having trouble sourcing?
Worst case scenario, a TCM from a 2003 Cross Sports/2.0 XT (if they're even interchangeable), since that's what my new trans is from. I'm trying a transfer duty solenoid swap first since the Rostra retrofits are more readily available since that's the only thing NOT working. Just my luck :LOL:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Worst case scenario, a TCM from a 2003 Cross Sports/2.0 XT (if they're even interchangeable), since that's what my new trans is from. I'm trying a transfer duty solenoid swap first since the Rostra retrofits are more readily available since that's the only thing NOT working. Just my luck :LOL:
Let me know how that goes. I was pondering something similar to my last resort also.

And a correct, the hesitation then harsh engagement is on the 2nd to 3rd shift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts