Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 XT Limited 6-spd's of Wonder and Amazeballs!
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys/Gals,

I just joined and am ready to learn the most I can about the SG platform. I don't own one yet but sometime in the next few years I'd like to get my hands on an Aspen White 06' and do a full STi conversion (gotta pay off the loan for my current vehicle first before I can start again). I already have an 06' STi (mine) in my stable as well as an 07' 2.5i (wifes) so I'm well on my way to building my own Subie fleet. I want my next vehicle to be a little more spacious though than our current Impreza line we have but I don't want to give up the STi power hence why I want to do a Forester STi conversion. The only thing is, is I'm having a hard time pin pointing either an all inclusive thread that will help tell me what I will need to do so I can plan it all out in advance or dozen or so individual threads to do the same. Maybe my searching skills such today or maybe I'm just not typing in the right key words on here or in Google. I already plan on trying to source an 06' Forester 2.5x as cheaply as possible to go under the knife and a wrecked/salvaged STi as well to be the complete donor. Other than that though, I don't really know where to start. Can anyone help point me in the right direction so I can start researching the in's and out's of everything so that I hopefully don't run into and SNAFU's later? Thanx!

k3nj11

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
657 Posts
Congrats and nice STI. Next step, STI donor parts to FXT.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice it was an XS. Suspension and some wheels would look great to start. And a full engine/tranny swap would be next. Sounds like it can be a fun project. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Looks great, so have your plans changed?

If it were mine I would focus on the looks and handling and live with the NA, a full STi swap is going to be trickier starting with an XS rather than an XT.

Awesome to finally get it nonetheless..

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 XT Limited 6-spd's of Wonder and Amazeballs!
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats and nice STI. Next step, STI donor parts to FXT.

EDIT: oops, didn't notice it was an XS. Suspension and some wheels would look great to start. And a full engine/tranny swap would be next. Sounds like it can be a fun project. Keep us updated.
Thanks! Yeah, she has some rough edges to be sorted out first and then an interior upgrade followed by wheels/tires and various other goodies to start. I will eventually do a 5x114.3 swap on her and install the Ohlins FPS's I have sitting in my garage right now along with Group-N Front and Rear tophats and either Forester Pinks or my RCE blacks with spacers for the rear and RCE swaybars + Kartboy endlinks Front and Rear too.

Looks great, so have your plans changed?

If it were mine I would focus on the looks and handling and live with the NA, a full STi swap is going to be trickier starting with an XS rather than an XT.

Awesome to finally get it nonetheless..
Nope, plans haven't changed one bit. They may have been sorted down a little more here and there but overall, I'm still planning on going with the full STi swap into her eventually. As I said before, she has some rough spots that need to be sorted out first. Then it's upgrading the interior, followed by wheels/tires, followed by the sound system, followed by choice bits for the exterior, then the 5x114.3 swap + Brembo's. At that point, I'm fairly certain All I will have left is the Motor+Tranny swap and until I can either get the $$$ to buy all new or find what I'm looking for, I'll probably just drive her for a while as is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.