Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched from a 2014 Crosstrek to a Forester 2.0XT for a very specific reason, more HP. I live in Nevada where, once you leave the Las Vegas area, two lane highways are a fact of life (along with unmarked trucks and black SUVs). Passing opportunities are often limited, and time in the on-coming lane should be kept to a minimum. In the Crosstrek with CVT the acceleration from 60 to 80mph was in a word abysmal, leading to many miles trapped behind a slow moving truck waiting for a decent opportunity to pass. Reviews of the Forester 2.0XT were impressive (especially with regard to performance) but while researching the reviews I discovered that a turbo-powered engine was no longer available in new models. Not to be deterred I located a 2016 2.0XT with only 26,000 miles on the clock, in perfect condition and still under dealer warrantee. A test drive confirmed the performance was as advertised, and I picked it up for decent price. I had 90,000+ miles on my Crosstrek with absolutely zero problems and other than performance was very happy with it. So my question to any Forester 2.0XT owners out there is: can I expect 90,000+ carefree miles ahead and if not what issues should I expect? I intend to have all maintenance performed by the dealer, who offers free oil changes with the extended warrantee which I purchased. Cheers from Nevada.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,163 Posts
Congrats. I have an '18XT and bought it bc it was the last year. 2 1/2 months ago I bought a Crosstrek. I love both vehicles. BTW you might want to install the 19mm (?) rear stabilizer. It makes a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts