Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question about tire size, i curently have the OEM Size tire on my forester XT the 215/60/16 I have noticed that there is a wider range of tires for all season perforamce in the 225/55/16 is there going to be any benift to change to this new size tire. I am looking at a RE960 as a all around tire for summer and winter driving. Also with the change in tire size would i need to buy a new tire for my spare tire.

·
Supporting Vendor
866 Posts
I have a quick question about tire size, i curently have the OEM Size tire on my forester XT the 215/60/16 I have noticed that there is a wider range of tires for all season perforamce in the 225/55/16 is there going to be any benift to change to this new size tire. I am looking at a RE960 as a all around tire for summer and winter driving. Also with the change in tire size would i need to buy a new tire for my spare tire.
The 225/55-16 size will work on your factory wheels and the RE960 is a great all season performance tire. However, Subaru states no more than 3-4/32 difference in tread depth should be used. If you go with this size, it is recommended that you change your spare as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts