Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings forum! Time to buy new rubber for the wife's Forester. Any recs/testimonials/warnings on 17" tires you've purchased to replace the OEM Geolanders? Snow and rain aren't typically an issue - nor do we need off-road capabilities. Looking forward to suggestions.l

·
Registered
2015 Forester2.5i Premium CVT
985 Posts
We now have more than 10k miles on the Michelin X-Tour A/S tires we bought at Costco in Fall 2018. These are the "big box" version of the Defender, by all accounts identical, but when on sale very cheap at Costco.

Very happy with them for normal highway and local driving, including trips from Philly to Detroit, Vermont, and South Carolina. Quieter and better-riding than the Geolandars, and comparable fuel economy. I've never pushed the car hard enough to notice any difference in handling, but these tires are very highly rated by Consumer Reports.

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
910 Posts
There are many solid tires now days for your Subaru Forester. Tires are a product of compromise, or in other words, no single tire can score 5 out 5 in all performance areas. Ultimately the right tire model for you will depend on the conditions in which you drive most as well as the performance attributes you need the tires to deliver. If we can help you choose the right tire for your conditions please let us know.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i CVT
57 Posts
I have 15K miles on Continental TerrainContacts and am very satisfied.
Ride quality is the same as the Yokohama Geolanders that came with it. I sold the new take-offs for $100 each.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We now have more than 10k miles on the Michelin X-Tour A/S tires we bought at Costco in Fall 2018. These are the "big box" version of the Defender, by all accounts identical, but when on sale very cheap at Costco.
I called Costco last week and this is what they pushed. This is also the path of least resistance. Having said that, I'll do a bit more research.

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
118 Posts
Anything is better than the Geolanders!

Currently have Bridgestone RE003, with 57,000 km’s On them. No complaints, but I had the RE002 and RE001’s on a previous car, so I knew I’d like them.

Next set will be either Michelin Pilot Sport 2’s (235/50/17), Pilot Sport 4 (225/50/17, or 215/55/17).

If the Pilot Sport 4S is available in the 17” in your Country, they are worth a look. They get an excellent rating all round, especially with wet and dry handling and braking.

Checkout:
tyrereviews.uk
1010tires (tyre calc with optional sizes)
willtheyfit (tyre and wheel calc)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts