Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Subaru. I have a 2009 Forester and with only 19,200 miles it looks like I need new tires. The outside treads are down to nothing on the back tires. Should I have aliment on all fours when I get new tires? Is this something that is common on Subaru's?
Plus I'm in Colorado, what's a good all weather tire?
Thanks and love my Subaru.
RMD

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
After 19,000 miles the wheel should have been rotated.

If they have been then alignment sounds like it is needed.

Unfortunately, if you have waited until the tread is down to "nothing" you are on the hook for 4 new tires. When you get them installed have an alignment. If you go off roading like me.....alignments are required more often. I hit rocks at speed.

Also, buy a decent jack and stands and start rotating your tires often. This will save you $$$$$.

·
Registered
2009 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Need to set up a schedule along with the oil changes. I read that the alignment is important for the rear tires if you tow or carry a lot of weight. Is that true? I may want to tow a small tent camper next summer. Should I change the alignment?

·
Registered
03X MT
847 Posts
recommended psi for the rears when the Foz is not carrying extra cargo is a couple lbs lower than the fronts. Accordingly psi should go up when carrying a load. Rotate, check psi regularly and with the change of outside temps.

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,790 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a great car for where you live.

This is not an unknown problem with the stock Geolandars, even with proper inflation, alignment, and rotation. It just happens. It's one of the reasons that most of us are happy to say goodbye to them as soon as possible (or affordable).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts