Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, I am new here, as I am hoping to pick up a 1998 Forester in what I believe is sedona red pearl. There is some awesome info on here, can't believe I've never checked it out before!

My current stable includes a

1994 Impreza L wagon. In the middle of a slightly worked ej20 swap. ATM it has a full 98 RS drivetrain in it, JDM suspension and WRX front brakes. Also has RS 6 spokes and front bumper.

1996 Legacy L wagon. Its got 17x7 OZ Superleggera's, custom grille, blacked headlites and I did a 3m headlite restoration kit. Its basically a parts hauler for my impreza swap, lol. Also put down 101WHP, and 118WTQ at EFILogics.

I also bought a 1993 Legacy SS, but am just parting that out. I bought it to get the cross member for my Impreza.

Previous Subarus include:
1994 Impreza sedan 4eat
1998 Legacy GT 5spd
1999 Legacy GT 5spd

I am around on other forums, with the same screen name, so if you know me, don't hesitate to say what's up! I have met one of you, Rob, when I bought a trunklid for my auto Impreza, and hood vents for my RS hood. His Foz was stockish at that point, and it AWESOME to see how far its come!

ed

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,672 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search. Post up a picture when you find one so the forum members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have found one, no pics at the moment. Actually I have found two, but only checked one out so far, and am waiting till I have a good look at both before I make my decision.

Also, anyone know if '04 STi take-offs fit the SF (its SF, right?)

ed

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 day, I've already learned 2 important things! I guess I can't wait to look at the Canyon Red SF!! Yee haw.

ed

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks you two. Rob, do you remember me? It was a long time ago, but your Black SF really pushed me towards wanting one, though I am just now getting around to owning my own!

ed

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Thanks you two. Rob, do you remember me? It was a long time ago, but your Black SF really pushed me towards wanting one, though I am just now getting around to owning my own!

ed
Yeah I remember you, it wasn't that long ago.
You should see the SF now, a whole lot different than it was when you saw it.

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I remember you, it wasn't that long ago.
You should see the SF now, a whole lot different than it was when you saw it.
Well, I saw you when I had my first Subaru, I'm now driving my 6th, lol. I think it was last year or so, long enough! I hope to see it again at some point, any progress on the OBS?

ed

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and does anyone know if a full set of STi suspension from an 04 with fit an SF? I know I could pop 'em in my Impreza, and from what it seems like to me, SF's are essentialy RS wagon's. Is that right?

ed

·
Registered
2002 S
2,702 Posts
Well, I saw you when I had my first Subaru, I'm now driving my 6th, lol. I think it was last year or so, long enough! I hope to see it again at some point, any progress on the OBS?

ed
Don't have an OBS, not sure what you remember haha.

Oh, and does anyone know if a full set of STi suspension from an 04 with fit an SF? I know I could pop 'em in my Impreza, and from what it seems like to me, SF's are essentialy RS wagon's. Is that right?

ed
STi takeoffs bolt right in but can give you some *** sag in the rear due to the heavier wagonlike rear end on the Forester. The STi springs are better at dealing with it than WRX takeoffs however because they having higher spring rates. Search the ride height pic thread, you'll find pics of cars with STi takeoffs in there.

·
Registered
2007 2.5X 5mt
943 Posts
Hey squeethebee! Your like 20 min from me. I was just through greenfield sunday on my way to Mt Greylock.
Welcome. Nice to have a subaru enthusist near me.

·
Registered
94 Impreza wagon
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't have an OBS, not sure what you remember haha.

STi takeoffs bolt right in but can give you some *** sag in the rear due to the heavier wagonlike rear end on the Forester. The STi springs are better at dealing with it than WRX takeoffs however because they having higher spring rates. Search the ride height pic thread, you'll find pics of cars with STi takeoffs in there.
Damn it, I thought you had one in the garage, oh well, my memory sucks:icon_redface:

I will look into the ride height thread, thanks for that info. A little *** sag is fine too, as long as she's low! But if WRX fits too, that means I can buy an aftermarket WRX wagon drop spring and put it on STI struts and top hats I think...

Hey squeethebee! Your like 20 min from me. I was just through greenfield sunday on my way to Mt Greylock.
Welcome. Nice to have a subaru enthusist near me.
Cool man, yeah, there are a bunch of Subie fiends near me. Mostly from just over the border in VT though.

I got a meet going this Sunday in Saugus, MA with some Subaru's, you are more than welcome to come. I know its kind of a drive, but I have heard incredible things about the roast beef!

ed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts