Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XS
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think that the new line of Subaru cars are ugly? I was looking at a new 2009 Forester parked next to my 2003 Forester and it just looked all wrong. It's too tall and too round. It looks like a Honda CRV. It doesn't look even remotely sporty or functional. And don't even get me started on the new Outback. The thing is just absolutely hideous and way to big. Not to mention it has a completely useless roof rack system. The Impreza is the least ugly of the bunch but even that isn't a real looker. Now it just blends in with all the other rice burning hatchbacks.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

·
The Modfather
2016 BRZ Limited - Manual 6 Speed Manual
8,095 Posts
I would not call them ugly but they are going mainstream and I'm not all that crazy about it really. Subaru's have become very difficult to pick out from the crowd. It never use to be that way.

·
Registered
2012 VW TDI R-Wagen DSG
1,049 Posts
The new ones are ugly, but so are the old ones. I still love them all.
Shallow Hal

·
Super Moderator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
17,901 Posts
I get them confused with Ford Escapes. Need to look hard to see the Subaru badge.

But they don't look funky like the oldest of Subarus used to look.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
I get them confused with Ford Escapes. Need to look hard to see the Subaru badge.

Since my company supplied vehicle is a 2008 Ford Escape 4x4 XLT and my personal car is a 2009 forester XT (and I see them beside each other everyday) I can attest if you get those two confused, you might want some glasses.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts

Or the subaru benz suv thingy...:chair:

·
Registered
2009 Forester
35 Posts
I wasn't wild about the new Outback design but it's growing on me. I thought the 08-09's with the redesigned grills were much nicer looking.

Oh, and I HATE the new Forester! Who would ever buy one?
Oh, wait a minute, me I guess.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
Does anyone else think that the new line of Subaru cars are ugly? I was looking at a new 2009 Forester parked next to my 2003 Forester and it just looked all wrong. It's too tall and too round. It looks like a Honda CRV. It doesn't look even remotely sporty or functional. And don't even get me started on the new Outback. The thing is just absolutely hideous and way to big. Not to mention it has a completely useless roof rack system. The Impreza is the least ugly of the bunch but even that isn't a real looker. Now it just blends in with all the other rice burning hatchbacks.

Am I the only one that thinks this?
What are you kidding me more whining about the new Foresters looks. The new generation Forester has got to be one of the best looking/perfoming Forester Subaru's ever made. Its got a more advanced drive train a better suspension setup, more ground clearance and more interior space a bigger sunroof whats not to like about it unless you write for motor trend. Sorry you may not be alone but I think your in the minority in this, because the general populous doesn't think so either , or else it wouldn't be the best selling Forester model ever. Do you really think the old Forester looks sporty thats gotta be one of the funniest things Ive ever heard... Sporty ROTFL, I guess in a Geritol rug munchin toasterish kind of way.. :chair:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,302 Posts
Dino, Thanks for the hunor you posted.
I get so freaking frustrated sometimes when some lame-a** jerk starts a thread intended to just insult and flame someone who is supposed to be a part of a bigger group or family. :mob:
After sitting here at the office (yes, working on a Saturday) and mulling over it for a while, I have to wonder what level of immaturity would prompt the crap I see on here sometimes. I didn't buy a "toaster" because I needed more room in the back seat that what was available. If Subaru had not delivered the first truckload of '09 Foresters just before I stopped by the dealership (for the first time ever) I would have probably purchased another Grand Cherokee.
To the O.P., Sorry you don't approve of the new body style, I really am. I just wish you would consider this if you ever rethink your original post: What if I had posted something entitled "Old Boxy Toasters are ugly throwbacks to 1980." :catfight:
Ok, I think it's time to take a happy pill again.... :icon_sad:

·
Registered
06 XTen
72 Posts
I wouldn't say the new Forester is ugly, but I don't like it over MY06. Even that is vastly improved by one of those nice black mesh grills, over the standard offer. Like somebody said, they're all a bit ugly sister aren't they.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
429 Posts
ehh the new impreza's grew on me but i like the boxy shape of the older foresters for some reason. but i do see the value in the newer ones. I'm not hating on the others just stating my preference. and the outback...mehh

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.