Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Subaru, love everything except 1) Loud engine, why? 2) Smaller keeping area on the front passenger side and area behind the gear changing stick next to driver. That can be improved. My 2003 Camera has way more rooms than Forester. I didn't buy extended warranty, was just wondering how many people purchase extended warranty.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
149 Posts
I'm new to Subaru, love everything except 1) Loud engine, why? 2) Smaller keeping area on the front passenger side and area behind the gear changing stick next to driver. That can be improved...
Hello and welcome. Congrat's on ur new ride and good luck "fixing" those things you'd like to change. Cheers

Reactions: Luu

·
Registered
92 Posts
Loud engine, why?
The engine is not unusually loud; you just hear it more. Subaru doesn't put as much insulation in their cars as some other car makers. Their stance has always been that the added weight, size, and cost isn't worth it.

If you want a very quiet car, Subaru is not the brand for you.

Reactions: NYC1up

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Forester is also my first car I bought (just recently in Nov). I agree with Dragon that the engine is not always loud (whatever you are comparing to). If you go on highway you will probably appreciate Subaru's ability to balance out the wind noise and the engine noise. In general, I feel it's comfortable enough. I personally have slight problem with the gas mileage :/ They said "29 combined city/highway" but I am only able to pull in 20 mpg, maybe just because i do a lot of short trips with some highway... The glovebox and the center console storage area could be deeper and bigger for sure, but it's adequate.

I am sure Subaru has heard similar feedbacks before so let's hope in the future things will only get better :D

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium
8 Posts
I personally have slight problem with the gas mileage :/ They said "29 combined city/highway" but I am only able to pull in 20 mpg, maybe just because i do a lot of short trips with some highway...
I've been able to average 28/29 city with 30/32 for road trips on my 20 premium. However, I live in flat land Florida for my city driving.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
149 Posts
Fuel Usage Log...

91 Octane Petrol (Australia)
Country Driving:
Combo: 8.7 L/100 kms (27 MPG / 11.5 km/L)
Towing 100%: 11.1 L/100 kms (21.2 MPG)

E10 91/94 Octane Petrol (10% ethanol, Australia)
Country Driving:
Combo: x.x L/100 kms (xx MPG / x.x km/L)
Towing 80%: 10.5 L/100 kms (22.4 MPG)

95 Octane Petrol (Australia)
Country Driving:
Combo: x.x L/100 kms (xx MPG / x.x km/L)
Towing 100%: 11.7 L/100 kms (20.1 MPG)
So far the Foz has used more fuel than I expected. My fuel log (partly quoted above) shows what I've recorded so far...

I guess it's close'ish to what Subaru quote...

Fuel Consumption Combined: 8.1 L/100km
Fuel Consumption Extra Urban: 6.8 L/100km
Fuel Consumption Urban: 10.2 L/100km

EVC

·
Registered
2014 2.5i CVT
149 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats and welcome. Forester is also my first car I bought (just recently in Nov). I agree with Dragon that the engine is not always loud (whatever you are comparing to). If you go on highway you will probably appreciate Subaru's ability to balance out the wind noise and the engine noise. In general, I feel it's comfortable enough. I personally have slight problem with the gas mileage :/ They said "29 combined city/highway" but I am only able to pull in 20 mpg, maybe just because i do a lot of short trips with some highway... The glovebox and the center console storage area could be deeper and bigger for sure, but it's adequate.

I am sure Subaru has heard similar feedbacks before so let's hope in the future things will only get better :D
Hey, where do you look at this information regarding city and hwy? Please guide. I'm embarrassed to say I have been looking for it but didn't know which one, LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts