Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going through Ringwood the other day and noticed a Subaru Service centre on Maroondah hwy. My XT is due for a 12 month 25k(I have done 16k) service so I have booked it in at Ringwood for a service and waranty claim that was not fixed at the last service at Glen Waverly. I will report my expeience after I get the car back next Monday.

V

·
0 Posts
How did you go at Ringwood Dave?

I'm not that impressed with Glen Waverley either even though they are literally across the road I have gone into Docklands to get an issue with my Auto sorted out...something Glen Waverley was telling me was normal (a.k.a too hard, don't know or couldn't be bothered about).

Cheers

Vas

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
Did you offer any feedback on your poor experience to Subaru Australia?

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 'Docklands' service story.

Phone booked for a service at 08:15.
They sent an sms the day before to remind me (i'm very impressed).
I arrived at 08:15.
Waited 30mins before being attended (i'm not impressed when they MAKE you book in a drop-off time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Explain i work till 17:30 in Richmond and i'll be able to pick-up the car after work - i estimate a 15min journey between the suburbs at this time of day.
17:45 Booked for pick-up, but i'm met with a response that they DO CLOSE at 18:00 sharp. (Fine with me, i want to get home too.)

Late customer at work.

I get out 10mins late.
I call Docklands and explain the situation.
They say fine. At 15mins away, you'll be here at 17:55. No worries. WE DO CLOSE at 18:00. Somthing about a security guard that locks the place up.

City link crappier than normal, i'm stuck in the tunnell. Call Docklands again. They arent happy. When i finish the call i'm 5mins away. It's already 18:00!

18:05 arrive at Docklands. Everyone nice, but i can tell they all want to go home. Me too. Paperwork finalised and they wish me well. As i see the security guard coming to lock up. 18:10.

The moral of the story is...Dockland have done a great job with the service, on time, car clean, professional and they kept me up to date with the progress of the service. However they are very busy, so dont keep them waiting. But they'll make you wait if they have to.

They could do with a refresher course on empathy with their clients.
I recently spent 50k on a new vehicle with them and yet they seemed prepared (or tried to scare me) to let me find my own way home (= TAXI ?) if i got there late.

Based on my limited experience with Dockands, i still would recommend anyone here to give them a go. But try and get there earlier than booked, if possible.

Justin.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vasme said:
How did you go at Ringwood Dave?

I'm not that impressed with Glen Waverley either even though they are literally across the road I have gone into Docklands to get an issue with my Auto sorted out...something Glen Waverley was telling me was normal (a.k.a too hard, don't know or couldn't be bothered about).

Cheers

Vas
My Service at Ringwood was in general a good experiance.
I recieved an sms reminder on the Friday before the Monday service.
I told them I didn't want the car back if they could'nt fix the noise in the dash and they have fixed that problem. I have been waiting for a feed back call from them to tell them that they have overfilled the Engine oil and over tightened the handbrake acording to specs in my handbook.
At least Ringwood fixed my waranty problem so that puts them ahead of Glen Waverly in my eyes. I am still concerned that Ringwood didn't know how to adjust the handbrake or what the oil level should be and that makes me wonder if they are factory trained or if they read the manual. I am also concerned that there may be other items that were not done according to the book. Dave.

V

·
0 Posts
Hey guys,

As to the question regarding Subaru Glen Waverley I did give some feedback via subaru's website explaining that they often responded that they could not find the fault and that Docklands did fix it so not sure what they did with that info..hopefully something.

The real reason why I contacted subrau is to get a confirmation on whether my car was affected by the TSB mentioned by peaty (over at scooby mods)

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20694

I've got to say that the experience has left me quite annoyed. Despite me saying that I simply wanted to know if this TSB affected my car so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of explaining it to Glen Waverley their initial response was that it didn't affect my model.

###########################

"We appreciate your concern, however the AVCS campaign/bulletin is not related to the Forester models. If your vehicle is experiencing difficulties, please contact your local Subaru service dealer, they will be able to inspect and advise you accordingly on this concern."

...and my response :

"I'm just following up on an issue that I inquired about on Tuesday. I'm experiencing occasional rough idling that I understand a technical bulletin exists for. I have a MY 04 Forester XT 2.5 (with turbo) that is mentioned in the technical bulletin. The Technical Bulletin I have seen can be found at this link :

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20694

Could you please confirm that a technical bulletin exists (TSB 02-97-05) and that is relates to the 2.5L Turbo engine in my vehicle.

Previously I was asked to attend to my local dealer however I don't wish to do this until I know if this TSB is legitimate otherwise I will be told that the idle is normal as I have been told in the past."

....and their response..

"We are not associated with any forums or bulletins provided outside of the Subaru website, www.subaru.com.au. As previously advised, if your vehicle is experiencing difficulties, please contact your local Subaru service dealer, they will be able to inspect and advise you accordingly on this concern."

I then got really annoyed and asked for a simple answer on whether or not the TSB affected my car and finally the supervisor came back with :

"We apologise that you feel that your concerns have not been addressed, however, as per the Customer Relations Representative has explained that we are not associated with the bulletin link you have provided. Therefore, we are not in a position to comment on matters relating to vehicles manufactured for other countries.

Subaru Australia import Subaru vehicles to meet Australian specifications, directly form the manufacturer in Japan. If a recall notice with regards to your vehicle had been advised by the (FHI) factory in Japan, then all our Subaru service dealerships would be instructed accordingly in addressing and carrying out the required recall repair/s or adjustments.

The website link you have provided does not relate to Australian specification vehicles, if this was the case then the factory in Japan would have advised Subaru Australia, accordingly. Unfortunately we can only suggest that your local Subaru service dealer or authorised Subaru dealer of your choice address the described concern to assess and advise you accordingly. The service dealer has access to Dealer support for any technical assistance via Subaru Australia, regarding difficulties with diagnoses."

So...I'm guessing I'm not to be worried because there is no issue with the filter/AVCS ????

Vas

·
Registered
04 XT Auto
298 Posts
I avoid the robots at Subaru Australia as much as possible.

I don't even book in my car for a service through them.

I call the service center direct, as the one time I had a very simple technical question, the call center could not answer it as there are pretty much no technical people there.

For my next service, I will be taking in a printout of the TSB, and asking the service manager directly to check it out, as I have a rough idle problem. (not very rough, but compared to my silky smooth 12 year old honda, it's annoying)

As for the robots assursion that there is no problem, otherwise FHI would have told them, that is just crap. It's generally the service centers that find and diagnose any problems, and 'may' communicate them back to the plant, which is under no obligation to tell anyone else. (I doubt FHI get charged for fixing such faults, so are happy for engines to blow up.)

You could always just ask your service center to remove the filters at the usual hourly rate, or, if your confident enough, do it yourself.

Has anyone in Oz tried the removal themselves? Do the filters actually exist in the Australian spec vehicles?

Rob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts