Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2003 Forrester, 142k miles, clean in and out, a nice tight little unit...my first Subaru. Drove 48 miles home and was ready to take it back! The wind noise was just really bad.

I used to be into old diesel MB's and there is a great forum for these old cars. So, I did a little search...ain't Goggle Grand! Found this place. Did a little search on wind noise, hit the shop and tweaked the gussets and roped the gaskets...now it so much quieter...80% better. To me, that is the mark of a great forum...you guys are good!

Called the last owner, her first words were "I loved that car". Stopped for gas and another Subaru owner walked over, and said Howdy, how's she running'? Then he called over his buddy and they start telling me about all things Subaru...got way over my head quick. Are all Subaru owners rabid about these cars??

Just needed a decent ride for another 3 semesters...get my daughter outta college and get a big pay raise. This car fit the profile and the pocket book. I was shocked when I drove it home and the wife said cool car, gimme the keys! One hour test drive later, she comes home cussing the wind noise! By that time, I had found this site, and a fix. She drove it to work today, called me and told me I was manly man for getting rid of the wind noise.

I'm kinda liking this Subaru stuff...so far.:icon_wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Called the last owner, her first words were "I loved that car". Stopped for gas and another Subaru owner walked over, and said Howdy, how's she running'? Then he called over his buddy and they start telling me about all things Subaru...got way over my head quick. Are all Subaru owners rabid about these cars??

Since getting my first Subaru in '98 I've explained it to people by comparing it to being a cult. Subaru is like a cult, when you're in it you love it, you think it's great, and you don't understand why other people don't see it and love it like you do. But when you're on the outside looking in at all the Subaru lovers, we just look crazy.

Personally I think we're gaining popularity, not just in Subaru sales increasing, but more and more car manufacturers are including AWD as options on some of their vehicles.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,123 Posts
Welcome from Illinois!

Subaru is like a cult, when you're in it you love it, you think it's great, and you don't understand why other people don't see it and love it like you do. But when you're on the outside looking in at all the Subaru lovers, we just look crazy.
This is so true! I'm totally new to Subaru and loving every minute of it. When my mom first asked me after having the car just a few days I said; "I can't believe that everyone doesn't have one of these!" That commercial about love is what makes Subaru a Subaru now makes total sense to me!:icon_redface:

·
Registered
2006 X Premium
438 Posts
Welcome from New York!
Yeah, you'll find that Subaru owner's are pretty cool. Forester owner's have the added benefit of being extra good looking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts