Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got a 2014 Subaru Forester. I picked it up Thursday night. The car shakes. If I'm on highway it is fine. But when I accelerate the car will shake. It reminds me of if you are in a car with someone driving stick how the car will jerk and shake a bit. Is this normal? Is this just because its new and needs to be broken in? When I test drove this did not happen. Its VERY upsetting to me. Has anyone experienced this? Its the 2.5i engine. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
286 Posts
So I just got a 2014 Subaru Forester. I picked it up Thursday night. The car shakes. If I'm on highway it is fine. But when I accelerate the car will shake. It reminds me of if you are in a car with someone driving stick how the car will jerk and shake a bit. Is this normal? Is this just because its new and needs to be broken in? When I test drove this did not happen. Its VERY upsetting to me. Has anyone experienced this? Its the 2.5i engine. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Hello and congrats on the new ride. Most owners report some amount of bucking from the cvt early on. Usually more at low speeds and when the transmission is cold. I had the same thing with mine. It typically passes or lessens in after about 1000 miles or so.

Not sure if it is a break in deal or if the on board computer is just figuring things out.

·
Registered
2014 Forester automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Good to know. I actually had to bring it in today to add body side molding. They gave me a loaner car. Same exact model. Only 200 miles on it. That one actually doesn't bounce at all. So I'm wondering if I'm not crazy being the loaner doesn't do it. IDK. I will see what they say today when they look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts