Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1999 Forester S - just purchased a few months ago and loving it. Even doing little fix it jobs/installing replacement parts are fun. Next project is to replace the brutal factory direct stereo. Only problem - I'm a bit of a novice. Any thoughts on what kind would work well, what size, etc? I guess I'd like to have an in-dash 6 disc changer with ipod port. Would something like that even fit? Should I just take it to Best Buy and have them figure it out? Any thoughts welcome!

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
I've got a 04 Double Din 6 CD changer without the aux input and I love it. I'm currently looking to switch it out for a aftermarket so I can run small subs and run my Ipod off it.

Crutchfield.com is a good place to start looking!

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice, thanks and I'll check out crutchfield. How do you know what will fit?

BTW, I just looked at your info at saw Wurtsboro - i've been through your area a few times when we visit family at Yankee Lake.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Good advice, thanks and I'll check out crutchfield. How do you know what will fit?

BTW, I just looked at your info at saw Wurtsboro - i've been through your area a few times when we visit family at Yankee Lake.
You enter your car information and they show what fits your car.

Yea, Yankee Lake aint too far. I love this area, been around it for so long, I dont know how to survive in a city..

·
Registered
'10 Forester
19 Posts

I'll second that. If you are the least bit worried about the job, Crutchfield is the place to go. They give you all the parts you need, and detailed instructions for your car.

Throw something in your cart just to verify they have the install guide for your car.

I used them to install a new head unit in a 95 Ford Explorer, which required bypassing the "premium" amp in the back of the car. The guide walks you through how to remove trim panels, what do do, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts