Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 X - A/T
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the pimping begin...

Just picked up a 2003X in great shape. It's pretty vanilla/stock, so I'm looking to customize it just a bit. I won't be dropping it or adding a turbo kit anytime soon, but I need to do some tweaks to make it mine.

First order of business: get that old stock head unit out, and a decent iPod ready stereo in there. I picked the Alpine CDA-105 from Crutchfield. It looks like a nice little unit. Crutchfield seems a bit pricier, but everything is included in that price (quick shipping, adapter harness, iPod cable, good vehicle specific instructions, lifetime tech support, etc). I haven't messed with car stereos much & don't have enough free time for hassles.

I also ordered up a set of stock door tweeters from Chaplin's. That should be a good start to getting nice sounds in there. :rock:

Next up: tint.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,756 Posts
All right! The MODding bug has got you already! :cool:

You might consider claiming your own piece of the forum by starting your own Member Journal, or MODding Journal as I like to call it! It's a great way to keep all the MODding you do to your Forester in one place. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
111 Posts
I really like Crutchfield. Always have had good dealings with them. Hope it turns out well for you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts