Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT 5-speed 5MT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've already posted in the 'Forester Shopping' area, but I figure a formal introduction is in order!

I'll be picking up a new-to-me 2008 Sports XT in garnet red in two weeks, very glad I finally found a 5-speed at a decent price. I'm up in the cold snowy reaches of VT, but this car will kick winter's *** this year!

Here's the stock photos (more to come when I get my hands on it!):

Plans for the car:

Wheels/tires: Need to find some cheap steelies/alloys and get winter rubber installed as soon as possible. I will keep the stock rims for summer tires, but may consider upgrading to aftermarket 17's with high performance tires at some point.

Suspension: I like the look of the car with a subtle drop. VT roads suck, so I don't want to go ALL the way down, but 1.5" or so would help a lot. May just look into swift springs on stock struts for now (probably in the spring). Probably will invest in some beefy swaybars to mitigate body roll in either case

Misc. Cosmetic stuff: '03-'05 taillights, debadging, rear window tint, some other minor things. Keeping it subtle.

I'll hold off on huge power mods for now... happy just to have a turbo under the hood!

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
Looks very good. Congrats on finding a 5-speed '08 FSXT, they are pretty rare.

Anyway, I have a feeling you're going to have a lot of interest in your tails when you decide to swap out for the 03-05's.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of your car.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Well let me officially welcome you to the forum from Niagara Falls, but for some reason I think I might've done that in your shopping thread.
Congrats on the new purchase... and props for finding one of the toughest combinations they made!
Garnet Red 5-speeds aren't very common, almost as rare as the white FSXT's.

I know of some people that would be dying to get their hands on those tail lights in a swap, but you should just pick up a new set and save your stock beauties.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT 5-speed 5MT
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well let me officially welcome you to the forum from Niagara Falls, but for some reason I think I might've done that in your shopping thread.
Congrats on the new purchase... and props for finding one of the toughest combinations they made!
Garnet Red 5-speeds aren't very common, almost as rare as the white FSXT's.

I know of some people that would be dying to get their hands on those tail lights in a swap, but you should just pick up a new set and save your stock beauties.
Thanks! The garnet red wasn't my first choice of color (it's going to be a cop magnet, I can already tell :D), but it does look amazing. I will be saving the stock tails in case I ever need to go back to stock. Hopefully I can find some 03-05 ones for cheap.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know exactly how many red manual FSXT's were imported into the states?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts