Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's true, I sold my Forester XT this week and got a new Subaru. It's a Legacy 3.6R - Limited with Navi and a moon roof some pics here:

2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited

It's quite a departure from the Forester I'll admit but I've been enjoying it so far.

It was a pretty hard decision but I took advantage of an opportunity that does not come along every day. The story is, a few months ago a local guy who's scooby I've worked on before called to buy my Forester and it fell though. I was set up to do an "in and out trade" at the dealer on a new Subaru. (that's where I trade my car to the dealer on the new one and only have to pay taxes on the difference, they sell my trade to the guy for the same cost. They don't make anything on the trade but they do sell a new car) When the deal fell through (his son was supposed to get his car but didn't want it was the reason) I was a little disappointed but at the same time glad I didn't get rid of my F-XT. It is getting up there in mileage though and I was wanting a change.

The guy that has my Forester now was at the dealer and somehow my name came up and the fact I was interested in selling it. That's why he called me. The car I was interested in was still at the dealer and we did the same type of trade. I got a good price for the Forester and a good deal on the Legacy.

I plan on sticking around (if you guys don't mind) this place feels more like home than other sites. I'll still try to help out if I can :)

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
PLEASE tell me you didnt sell it with your Superlegs! They belong on one of my cars, if you didn't keep them for the Legacy that is!

Great choice on the new ride! It one of my favorite new model subaru.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
oops...:icon_redface:

I'm too accustomed to Peaty's attached photos a la scoobymods style.. hehe

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Peaty we would never want you to leave. You have been a huge help around here & you would be mist if you left.

On to the new Subie. I like it & when does the mod bug kick in?

joe r

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to drive it a while but I did order some OEM stuff the other day. Puddle lights, splash guards, cargo nets and cargo tray. Nothing major so far but I want to live with it a while before I do anything drastic.

Yes, the superleggs went with the Forester, I'm pretty sure the Legacy has a different bolt pattern. They were part of the deal with the Forester. I do have all the OEM stuff I took off though. I've been to busy trying to figure out how to work all the stuff in the car to take pics of everything. Today I programmed in phone numbers to the system, I managed to get the BT working on the phone and can stream Pandora from my Palm Pre. I still can't figure out for the life of me how to get the voice commands to dial the phone. The manual for the stereo is almost as thick as the owners manual...

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
Congrats on the new Legacy......

....but your Foz will be sorely missed by myself. When googling the XT (back before I bought it), yours appeared and I admired it. Those pictures were part of my deciding factor of buying that car (that, and the turbo......and the HUGE sunroof................and it was black.......................................and "maybe" the leather too). :biggrin: But still, your pics helped me decide on my Foz.

Congrats again! TURBOCHARGE IT!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
The new Legacy/Outback still have a 5x100 bolt pattern. Your Superlegs would have looked sweet on it!

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I know the UK Legacy's have a slightly different hood/grille and front bumper, but I'm wondering what yours would look like with the blackened headlamps that they get over there.......Hmmmmmm......

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
Congrats! Definitely stick around, Forester or not you will still be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members on the board! :Banane35:

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
Sweet!!

I'm sure it was a tough decision, but good for you.

Now, please, please, please stick around!!

dm

1 - 20 of 57 Posts