Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I got my new wheels/tires on. Bronze Rota SDR's 17x7.5 wrapped with 225/50/17 Bridgestone potenza RE960 AS pole position. The ride is quite smooth on these tires so far, and handling seems to be nicely improved, though I haven't really got the chance to push it yet. These tires/wheels are making me realize that I need to upgrade brakes fairly soon. Bumps in the road are slightly more pronounced, but that is to be expected when going from 16X7 ASA wheels to a larger one. I will update with more driving impressions as I break the tires in more.

Here are some pics (car is very dirty); telll me what you think (even if its bad)!

·
Registered
2016 Ford RS & 2019 Subaru Descent
1,349 Posts
They look like they could have come on that vehicle from the factory, with the exception that they look bad a**! I dig 'em.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
That's a nice-looking wheel.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Nice choice! That is the exact wheel/color I'm been thinking of putting on my Impreza.

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Looks great. I have always liked the look of the SDR's. When I bought my first set of Rotas it was between those and the Tarmac II in gunmetallic. Tarmac II's won that decision.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
I wanted the SDR's for my Legacy. I got Subzero's instead.

Those look REALLY good!

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Toozeetoo, for now my suspension setup just consists of SF specific Tein H-tech springs on stock struts and a solid 18mm rsb from an earlier WRX. I have kartboys solid endlinks i'm waiting to put in. Am hoping for a front strut bar and maybe a whiteline quick release rear bar in the future. Definitely rides/handles better than stock now but there is certainly room for improvement.

BTW I am really liking these tires so far!

·
Registered
2007 XT Sport
86 Posts
I really like that color/style combo! Looks like it was like *meant* to look that! :cool:

Good choice!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
Love it! Great choice on the wheels... I have the SDR's in steel gray on my FXT as well, and I think they suit the look of the Forester quite well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey man, the new wheels look really great! (Just got your pm, I was out of the country) But yes, the new wheels look real good.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks again for all the comments guys.

after having these tires on for a bit now, I am really happy with them. Dry and wet traction is excellent and the car feels very planted around curves. Would reccomend these tires for anyone looking for an ultra high performance AS tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts