Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT-P
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just thought i would share some pics of the new rims i put on my car this week. :banana:
I upgraded to 18" (245 45 R18) to reduce body roll and improve the handling.
I am very happy with the outcome. The drive feels much more stable and I'm happy with the look - makes the car look a little tougher IMO (not so much of a soccer mum's SUV)

Hope you like?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT-P
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the wider tyre helps reduce body roll?
I could be wrong, but it def feels better :shrug:

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
389 Posts
Old wheels?

What did you do with your old wheels? And what kind did you have? Would you sell one?

I'd like to start keeping a spare in the back, start a five-tire rotation, and I'm looking for one 2009 Subaru Forester Wheel, Rim 17" Factory Original OEM.

I don't want to pay $300 for a new one. I saw one on Ebay not too long ago for $100 and I didn't grab it fast enough. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,503 Posts
What did you do with your old wheels? And what kind did you have? Would you sell one?

I'd like to start keeping a spare in the back, start a five-tire rotation, and I'm looking for one 2009 Subaru Forester Wheel, Rim 17" Factory Original OEM.

I don't want to pay $300 for a new one. I saw one on Ebay not too long ago for $100 and I didn't grab it fast enough. Let me know. Thanks!
Good idea but the freight from Australia would kill that idea.:icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts

Have a search on google for "replacement subaru OEM wheels" you'll have to weed your way through some sites, but you should find a few that have been re-conditioned or are from recycling yards. By reconditioned that usually means any curb rash gets polished out. I've seen a few wheels that have had this done and you'd never know it unless you where looking for it. Dealers use these services on trade-ins sometimes. www.racepages.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts