Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
I'm having the Carbotechs, Goodridge lines, and new AP fluid installed tomorrow, decided to keep and stock rotors and have them turned once before upgrading. I'll let you know how it works out, all items shipped extremely fast from Roo, had to get that plug in for him.

·
Registered
362 Posts
axxis brake pads are great and are the same as the cobb stage 1 pads except for the paint for a cheaper price. high performance but not too noisy, got mine from rallysportdirect.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am a freshman form Taiwan, my car is 04 2.0XT.
I don't like the OEM brake pads because of the dust and poor feeling. Now I prefer Akebone ceramic pads (ProACT), however, it's difficult to buy it in Taiwan. I propose to order it form US, as I know, there're no 2.0XT sold in US but only 2.5XT. Does anyone kindly tell me if the brake pads are the same used in 2.0XT and 2.5XT, then I can order it soon. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Pads are the same as long as you haven't swapped the calipers :)

rgds
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Steve. I browsed many websites both of US and UK but couldn't got the answer. In Taiwan, only around 300 Subaru cars imported, I'm very happy to find forster forum here.

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
I just got my set of Carbotech Bobcat's (Thanks Roo) installed last Thursday, and on Sunday took a driving school with the BMW CCA. They performed like champs. Braking power is definetly greater than stock, and they take almost no time at all to get warmed up. But they still do as good of a job as stock pads did when they're cold.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts