Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 forester auto
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
not a new owner but new on the forums had the forester since about august. its a 1998 its auto and white in color, got the car for my girlfriend and it needs a little work.

just bought a new rear sway bar and all links/mounts off ebay

going to get a tune up kit (timing belt, water pump, gaskets, pulleys, etc...)

needs a new exhaust (found alot of it on ebay supriseingly)

and basically just want to maintain it. it has about 160k runs strong still!

only issue i had is last oil change i poured oil down the filler neck and it literally came out the bottom of the car right below... idk where it would come from i checked around couldnt see muich but i dont know where a hole that big would be. has anyone else had this issue?

also is the rear sway bar swap pretty easy? im a pretty compitant garage mechanic but never worked on a subi before

·
Registered
1998 forester auto
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the CV boot on the driver side is torn so that needs a replacement as well

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Drop us a note if you are interested in purchasing an exhaust system for your 1998 Forester. We are the #1 dealer for Stromung Exhaust systems for the Foresters.

Here is a link to the various exhaust parts we sell on our website: Subtle Solutions

·
Registered
1998 forester auto
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would want a full exhaust exhaust header,cats, midpipe, muffler, can you get me a quote???? oem comparable doesnt have to be performance exhaust
thanks

eric

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
i would want a full exhaust exhaust header,cats, midpipe, muffler, can you get me a quote???? oem comparable doesnt have to be performance exhaust
thanks

eric
Hi Eric,

Please drop us an email at: [email protected] with your contact info and shipping address. We can quote aftermarket, OEM, or OEM-like replacement. We sell them all.

On my 2002 Forester, I have the following setup:
-Borla Headers
-Stromung Cat Pipe (highflow)
-Stromung Intermediate Pipe
-Stromung Muffler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts