Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I am a new Forester owner, and am excited to be joining you all on this journey! I have a 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5L non-turbo. 114k miles on her currently. The other day, I stooped down for a look under the car and noticed some clear liquid leaking out of a small, black hose. It doesn't appear to be coolant (no sweet smell) and could just be water. It was dripping pretty quickly when I initially turned my car off. I crawled underneath the car today, and I couldn't quite tell what was going on. This hose is located behind the front axle, close to the passenger side front wheel. I don't see where the hose should connect if it somehow came loose. What should it look like? Is it some sort of drainage?

To be honest, this car is my first adventure in the world of car repair...I appreciate any assistance.

Thank you so much!
Malcom

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Forester
151 Posts
That's the condensate drain hose for you air conditioning. Your house unit has one too.
When you chill air (either because you used AC or defrost which also runs the compressor), the chilled air loses some ability to hold moisture. Just like night air causes dew on grass, this causes water to condense. That hose drains it.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
@zitirigati G'day & Welcome aboard Malcom

Agree, that will be your air conditioning hose and it's normal for it to drip.

BTW

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for the information, you two. You have set my mind at ease. I will definitely set up a Public Profile, as I plan to be a long term member of this helpful community :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts