Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used this forum for some info prior to purchase. Then I bought 2016 Forester Premium with CVT. I ran into some problem with forum registration, so I had to sign up again.

I was choosing between between Forester and Honda CR-V. I chose Forester for the drive and value.

After driving for 1 week, pluses are: multi-function display provides useful info; stereo system with bluetooth; excellent visibility; very smooth CVT transmission; no issue with power and acceleration; good mileage (I'm getting 27 mpg in California rush hour highway traffic).

Negatives are: wind noise at highway speed; rear gate is hard to close; door open warning light does not differentiate door vs rear gate; rear seat safety belt buckles fall into the seat cushion so child has difficulty buckling; spare is not full size (which I knew prior to purchase).

Look forward to having the Forester for years to come; and I hope this car will be reliable and trouble-free.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, another negative is the temperature control system dials are hard to see during daytime. It should be simple to add a bigger dial marker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts