Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, you read that right - I'm getting new nuts! :woohoo:

The sexy nuts I wanted were out of stock just about everywhere, but I managed to buy some off Amazon. I paid too much for my new nuts, but what the heck - they're black and 56 year old guys get all teary-eyed over this stuff. :tissue:

My new nuts are supposed to arrive next week via UPS - I sure hope the UPS driver treats them gently. I figured I needed new nuts for WBM and I will post pics of them as soon as I'm wearing 'em. :discomonkey:

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Always!

Chris, they are black McGard spline nuts. The chromies I've had forever are getting pretty shabby, even if no one ever looks at them any more.
My red nuts are starting to get a little mangy, too, especially after the tire shop used their air wrench on them. :shake:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Phew, for a second I thought they were the kind that dangle from your bumper!

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
The sexy nuts I wanted were out of stock just about everywhere, but I managed to buy some off Amazon. I paid too much for my new nuts, but what the heck - they're black and 56 year old guys get all teary-eyed over this stuff. :tissue:
How much? These nuts might be in the "bling" category, but they do serve a purpose than just sitting there and look pretty. I've wasted all kinds of money on craptastic nonsense all the time, so these McGards are worthy of indulgence, even if you paid full price, IMO.

I have the black set also. Mine's been on the vehicle for a little over 3 years now, and still look new. I picked them up from Ebay, including the key, for $64 shipped.

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
If they start to turn blue consult with your significant other or a physician. :huh:

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
My red nuts are starting to get a little mangy, too, especially after the tire shop used their air wrench on them. :shake:
It's always best to use your spare nuts if you're going to let other men handle them.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Sport-Tech
169 Posts
You let some greasy monkey :monkey_dance: use a tool on your nuts? :eek:

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Be sure to add a tad of white grease to your studs....you don't want the inside of your nuts to be dry.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
You let some greasy monkey :monkey_dance: use a tool on your nuts? :eek:
It's always best to use your spare nuts if you're going to let other men handle them.
Yeah, unfortunately, I got the new guy. Usually they tighten my nuts by hand. Now my red nuts have scratches and gouges on them.

Has anyone ever painted their nuts?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts