Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hey thanks, digitalv! Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the board much lately. I got the springs in a groupbuy on the old site a few years ago. hpautoworks.com was the site/company who got all the sets and looking around, it looks like they still offer the h.tech springs for the SF: http://hpautoworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1286 might want to check to see if they are in stock, may need to be ordered from japan. Yes I am on the stock struts.

·
Registered
2001 forrester sti
23 Posts
Thanx for the response! I just recently found out that my SF has SLS...which means I have to change struts b4 I can change springs...bummer. But at least with these springs, I may be more willing to go with some KYB AGXs.
To tell the truth, I'm so happy with how the car rides now, I may just leave well enough alone....yeah right!:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
'98 Forester
502 Posts
Looks good ... I cant decide on mine if I want to leave it totaly debadged ....or put the "Subaru" back on .... or I was thinking of doing the "Subaru" in black .....Lovin the Taillights ...!!

My '98 had the same front pads as the early '02 WRX ... I guess the later '02 and newer had larger brakes ......

·
Registered
618 Posts
I once tried working with these guys to get those springs, however they don't keep them in stock any longer, probably been awhile, anyways to have them import the springs was way more expensive then getting wrx wagon take offs, so I went with the wrx suspension, just my experience. The drop with those springs looks real good though.

hey thanks, digitalv! Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the board much lately. I got the springs in a groupbuy on the old site a few years ago. hpautoworks.com was the site/company who got all the sets and looking around, it looks like they still offer the h.tech springs for the SF: http://hpautoworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1286 might want to check to see if they are in stock, may need to be ordered from japan. Yes I am on the stock struts.

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
228 Posts
Where did you get that top mount spoiler? I really like the appeal of that. Does it reduce the amount of "throw back" you get on the rear window when driving in the rain?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I got it from subiegal at her old site. Her new site is subarugenuineparts.com great service and price, highly recommended. I never really paid attention to the rain factor (as usually I'm hoping my wipers keep it of the front where I look when I'm driving) but I imagine it does help a bit with keeping rain off the rear window.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Just a pic update to show what the WRX front brakes conversion looks like. Don't mind the dirty wheels/tires. Car is for sale in the buying/selling foresters section. PM me or post there if interested. Thanks.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts