Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JDM clear corners. FYI the ones japanparts.com sells to fit 00-02' fit the 98-99's just fine. Pretty straight forward install. Had slight electrical problems that have been resolved (http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19801).

Debadged everything but "SUBARU" on the trunk. Used the tried and true method of a hair dryer and dental floss, with Ungoo and a credit card to get the rest of the glue off.

Rockford Fostgae 10" Punch Z woofer w/alpine amp. Hits well for being a 10, definitely ties in the sound system a bit better. Also added Kenwood 4" rear door speakers so the whole sound system sounds crisper and better.

Few more random shots for ya :biggrin:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The SF is lookin hot! Where did you take those pictures? Still gotta get together sometime to take some pictures of our foresters

·
Registered
1998 Forester L
36 Posts
Nice lookin SF Man! I'd love to get my hands on a set of those JDM tails. Just wish I had the money to shell out for them. I think I'm just gonna paint the orange turn signals to match the brake lights and see how that looks. either that or smoke em black to match the car. I'll have to get some pics up sometime soon.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The SF is lookin hot! Where did you take those pictures? Still gotta get together sometime to take some pictures of our foresters
Thanks all for the comments. I took em' over in shadwell at a local pond I know of. It was a solid 105 F outside when I took them I'm sure. Yeah we do still need to get up and have a dual SF photo op.

·
Registered
2001 forester L
54 Posts
Damn no more SF love than this? Guess ya gotta have a turbo round here for anyone to give a flip..
Hold up now!!:huh: Us SF guys just take longer to speak up!! Car looks hawt, and I need to know where you got that grill!! NOW:chair:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,241 Posts
What tint is that?

Our cars go in exactly the opposite direction!

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
529 Posts
You'd think us NA guys would respond faster since we don't have to wait to spool up.....:icon_wink:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
35 Posts
You'd think us NA guys would respond faster since we don't have to wait to spool up.....:icon_wink:
bwhahahahahaha.................................................. crap that was funny

:bananapowerslide: i love my SF:bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
529 Posts
no doubt, gotta keep it going cuz the SF is just the hotness, I can't help it if I offend anybody cuz I'm not trying to, but the SF is just so much better looking than SG, especially the newer SF with the white/red tails that I'm so jealous of..

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha thanks guys. Last saturday I converted to WRX front brakes (earlier WRX, no 4-pots) with Hawk HPS pads. Brakes feel MUCH better now and stops very well. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
35 Posts
no doubt, gotta keep it going cuz the SF is just the hotness, I can't help it if I offend anybody cuz I'm not trying to, but the SF is just so much better looking than SG, especially the newer SF with the white/red tails that I'm so jealous of..

yeah , the SF is great :biggrin: you do know what "sf" stands for?
it stands for...........

:rock: Super fly:rock:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
haha thanks guys. Last saturday I converted to WRX front brakes (earlier WRX, no 4-pots) with Hawk HPS pads. Brakes feel MUCH better now and stops very well. I'll try to get some pics up soon.
Why? Arent the 02-05 wrx 2pot fronts basically the same thing as the forester 2pot front brakes anyways?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
edit: forgot, the SF brakes must be smaller, 03+ forester brakes are the same as 02-05 wrx i believe

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I compared rotors and the WRX ones diameter is a bit bigger.

Here is a complete mod list for anyone interested.

99' Arcadia Green Forester L - EJ25 - 4EAT

Motor/Electrical

-Injen CAI
-Borla replica header
-Stromung highflow cat
-Stromung catback
-Optima red top battery
-Paranoid fabrications 2.5 grounding kit

ICE

-Alpine receiver
-Boston Acoustics NX67 6.5' front door speakers
-Kenwood 4' rear door speaker
-Rockford Fostgate Punch Z 10' woofer w/alpine amp

Handling

-18mm solid RSB
-Tein H.tech springs - SF specific
-Bronze Rota SDR 17 X 7.5 wheels w/Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS pole positions (225/50/17)

Exterior

-window tint
-Syms grill
-JDM front clear corners
-JDM rear clear corners
-Debadged trunk
-Removed cross bar :icon_wink: :icon_wink:

Brakes

-WRX front brake conversion
-Hawk HPS pads

Parts I have and need to install

-Delta cams, reground from an 05' RS
-Kartboy solid endlinks
-Perrin lightweight crank pulley

Parts to buy in the future

-PP6 piggyback chip
-Group A throttle body spacer
-Whiteline strut tower bars (front an QR rear)
-4 channel amp for door speaker

Things I want to do but probably never will

-Drum to disc conversion
-5MT swap

:biggrin: think thats it..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts