Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Touring CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but not to Subaru or Foresters. Last Wednesday, I said good-bye to my Impreza Sport Limited and got back into a Forester, a 2014 XT Touring in Venetian Red. It's good to be back in a Forester.

So far, my only mod has been installing WeatherTech floor liners. Next up is a trailer hitch for the bike carrier I just ordered. I am looking forward to doing lots of biking this year and knowing my Forester will get me where I want to go.

We celebrated the one week anniversary this morning by driving through 8+ inches of snow. The Forester handled the conditions like a champ, but winter tires will definitely be on tap for next year.

The winter months are giving me lots of time to check out the wealth of information found on the forum.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 06 STI V9 Spec-C Six Speed
815 Posts
Welcome to the forums, wish we had some snow out here in cali lol

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0XT Limited CVT
416 Posts
Welcome back to Foresters and to the forum. Got more than enough snow to play in here in NE Ontario. Too cold to enjoy it though....

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i Tour CVT
72 Posts
Getting our new Forester later this week, hopefully. Can you share some details on your hitch and bike rack?

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT Touring CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After looking extensively at hitches, I decided to go with the OEM. I know it is pricier, but I like how it integrates into the bumper instead of hanging down below and the service department has always done a good job with my vehicles. They gave me a pretty good deal on it, so I decided to go for it.

For the bike carrier, I went with one from 1UP USA. I liked that it was a one bike carrier and if I need to add more later, I can. For me, I needed something that was lightweight for easy installation/removal. It only weighs 23 lbs. Others were 45 or 60+ lbs. The carrier also doesn't stick too far out from the Forester. It was more than I thought I would pay for a carrier, but after looking at them online (especially the SF.org forum) and at the bike shop, I decided to go with the 1UP.

The wintry weather yesterday brought out the Subies in full force. At one light I was sitting at, there were three Foresters lined up (all different generations). I didn't have a chance to snap a picture. If anyone wants this snow, let me know. I'm ready for bike weather!

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
Welcome also from a multi Subaru owner .... in fact our daughter has a 98 and is going to college in Pittsburgh, She just slid off the road in Wexford this past Wed ...... hrs later AAA showed up and winched 'Santana' out of the ditch .... no harm to our daughter or Santana.

Best wishes with your new Forester

1 - 11 of 11 Posts