Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Maunal
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have been lurking around the place now for around 12 months. Ever since I started thinking about buying a forester.

Confessions first. I have never been a Subaru fan. I was always in the Mitsubishi Evo camp when it came to AWD turbos. And I must admit that I would still take an evo over a WRX. but there is no real match for the XT forester in the Mitsubishi range that i think comes remotely close, so Forester XT it was.

I purchased my 2007 XT manual in March this year second-hand from a dealer here is Adelaide. The previous owner was a member of staff there who had upgraded to a WRX STi. He had remapped the ECU and fitted the gearbox from an 09 diesel to deal with the extra torque.

I have always been a bit of a boy racer, well, I was but now the maturity of old age seems to be catching up with me (finally). I find it had to have legal fun on the streets these days and with joe-plod round each bend its not worth it to step outside the law.

So, I am looking to the off-road world for some fun. planning on some little tweaks to the forester to make her off-road ready and have questions that will be found in the off-road section in due course.

In my private life i am engaged to an amazing woman who is about to leave for the UK for 10 months to teach, I work for the South Australian Government as an aquatic ecologist, I also run a small business and can not wait to get out to the back of beyond for some camping (of which the missus does not approve).

see you on the forums! :rock:

·
Registered
2018 Forester Touring XT 6 speed
68 Posts
Welcome.. Btw I was just on a working vacation in Brisbane and Cairnes a Month ago... I have always enjoyed visiting Australia.

Best wishes,

-Nate

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Maunal
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the welcome guys!

I think im getting into trouble at work cos I may have not done any work today, or yesterday, or the day before...:shrug:

On the plus side, i now know a lot more about my car and what i'm going to do to it!!:banana:

I do have 10 days off starting tomorrow, time to get things moving i think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts