Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 2.5x Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we've had our forester for about 3 months and love it so far. We replaced my wife's thirsty '05 Grand Cherokee V8 and have no regrets whatsoever. We have had the opportunity to take a few road trips and I have to say the Subaru is superior to the jeep in virtually every way with the minor exception of rear cargo space. I've just ordered a rooftop cargo carrier and crossbars to rectify that. We'll be using it for a couple of family vacations this summer and I can't wait. We purchased our forester from Delta Subaru in Grand Rapids and could not have been happier with the service we received. Our next door neighbor just purchased a new forester too after seeing how happy we were with ours!

My daily driver is a 2009 Mazdaspeed 3, which is a riot to drive, but I must say that after driving my wife's forester a few times I find myself regretting not having taken a closer look at the WRX or STI when I was in the market. I'll definitely take a hard look at a new STI in a couple years when I'm ready to replace the speed 3.

·
Registered
2010 2.5x Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it. I look forward to learning more about our new Subie and getting to know all of you.:Banane35:

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Welcome from Arcade, Georgia, USA! :woohoo:
BTW...I am also a former Grand Cherokee owner. 1994, 1996 and 2004. :biggrin:
I'm still loving my '09 XT more and more with each mile.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited
477 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state and congrats on your new Subie..

·
Registered
2010 2.5x Limited
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from Arcade, Georgia, USA! :woohoo:
BTW...I am also a former Grand Cherokee owner. 1994, 1996 and 2004. :biggrin:
I'm still loving my '09 XT more and more with each mile.
Yeah, I think my wife regrets not getting the XT instead of the X. Every time she drives my mazdaspeed 3 she laments that her forester doesn't have much power, but I'm happy with the mileage and being able to run regular or midgrade instead of having to run premium like the mazdaspeed 3 requires.

The Jeep GC's are nice for using off road and ours was great to tow with, but that was about 1-2% of the use, and it didn't make sense to have the huge mileage penalty with the V8 for the other 98-99% of the time. I have since bought an older GMC pickup that will be my hunting/offroad/tow vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts