Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 WRX Wagon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, I picked up my 2005 WRX Aspen White wagon not too long ago (4-5 months) and now i'm tempted to switch it up for a 07+ FXT...

The wagon is nice, just a bit small for my purposes...anyone else do what I'm thinking of doing?

Basic specs:
-5spd
-Brembo STI bbk front + rear (drilled only)
-Stromung turbo back exhaust (3")
-Cobb AP
-STI hood scoop + splitters
-Forester double din pocket w/ Alpine CDA-9886 HU
-Rota Grids
-OEM crossbars with snowboard rack
-Armrest extender

Anyone thinking of getting a wagon and want to make an offer on mine, check out my full FlickR gallery.

Here's a picture of the wagon, let the Forester searching begin!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I very briefly considered an Impreza hatchback when car shopping, but since I have to move a drumset in cases, it became apparent almost immediately that the hatchback would be way too small. The Forester works very well.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
It was the same dilemma for us back in late '03. We went in wanting the WRX Sport Wagon and came out with an XT; more space and more bottom-end sealed the deal. But dang, those Sport Wagons are sharp, especially your nicely-lowered car. Makes me wish we were in that market. Good luck with the sale and the search.

·
Registered
05 WRX Wagon
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the warm welcome! Unfortunately the FXT crowd isn't as numerous here in Southern California as they are in other states. Finding this white sport wagon took me nearly 6 months.

I'm sure finding another white FXT will take me at least that long...

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Check our for sale sections, there are several really nice ones for sale now. Don't worry about them being out of state. Shipping is easy and inexpensive.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Both are rad... But the room in the Foz is great. +1 for the Forester. However I'd get a wagon as well, but not before i bought a Forester.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
There is a big difference going from a 2.0L WRX to an XT. The 2.5L and 4.44 final drive (MT) in XT has makes for a much quicker car that has a miuch smoother power band. Once you drive an XT, it is hard to go back to a 2.0L WRX. The 07+ FXT looks alot bigger, but it only weights 100lbs more than the 05 WRX wagon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts