Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a deposit on an XT in New Hampshire yesterday. Dealing with the DMV Tuesday and heading up to bring her home. A few likely minor issues to diagnose and fix. It will be going to my mechanic right away for the initial once-over, and I will attempt to perform any work that I can DIY from there. This is my first Subaru and I am a self-taught home mechanic at best so there will be a learning curve I'm sure. A few cars ago I had a 2011 Mazdaspeed3 bolted and tuned that I did 98% of the work to so I am familiar with the Accessport and some turbo wrenching, but on a totally different platform. Looking forward to downsizing from my Ford Flex I currently drive, and returning to something I hopefully actually enjoy driving, but also having more room than my MS3 did for my kid in the back. I don't have specific power goals yet, as I need to make sure I don't get ahead of myself modding stuff before more critical things are fixed. That being said, I am going to be lurking the forums for any and all advice on what and how to upgrade as things are needed. (Might have a front suspension issue with unevenly worn tire, and has an O2 sensor code currently). If I have to pay to fix something, might as well upgrade if possible (within reason because dad-mobile, not racecar).

Thanks for the forum, and I'm hoping to make as much use of the info here as possible.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,988 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts