Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Auto
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Looking at a 2019 forester limited. What should I be looking at for price? MSRP is $37700. Don’t want to beat them up but just want a good deal. Bought my wife a crosstrek 2 years ago and am hooked on Subaru. Very impressed.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
123 Posts
I recommend reading through this thread:

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f151/2019-forester-price-paid-merged-thread-786889/

You should be able to find the invoice price online (google invoice car prices online). You'll have to know exactly what options are on the car you are looking at.

You should be able to purchase below invoice. There are rules of thumb for when you can get the best prices, like end of the month. You can google that too!

I ordered a Sport with just the Blind side package, rear bumper guard and rear seat protector and probably saved $1000 by not purchasing a car on the lot that had options I did not want. I hate haggling but the internet was my friend getting the first round of prices and getting a below invoice price!

I had a tough time deciding between the Sport with package 22 and the Limited. It came down to the fact that I didn't really want the powered lift gate, so I went with the Sport. I'm a total minimalist when it comes to tarting up a car with vanity options :)

I don't know how different car buying is in Canada than the US.

Welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
How were you able order and get $1000? My local dealer pretty much told me to build one on the official Subaru website. The price on the website would be the price I'd pay.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,534 Posts
How were you able order and get $1000? My local dealer pretty much told me to build one on the official Subaru website. The price on the website would be the price I'd pay.
It is called negotiation:wink2: No one pays what's on the website...no one pays over invoice for that matter!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol I get that but what do you do when the dealer tells you the next truck load of inventory is already claimed and there is an 8-10 week wait for your trim? Well populated area here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just got a beautiful 2019 Forester limited for $34k and change (don’t remember exact price but like I said $34k range) in late Dec so u are def being over quoted

1 - 14 of 14 Posts