Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2008 2.5XT Sports MT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extremely happy to be a new 2008 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Sports owner - w00t!

:woohoo:

I've had my 2002 WRX for nine years and it's still sitting in the driveway with its stage II, and failed emissions inspection because of the catless dp.

Just ordered the Cobb Accessport for the Forester, and ordered some other goodies because I had to (cargo nets, battery tie-down, all-weather mats). Tint comes tomorrow and the Accessport should be here soon enough. It was a bit hair raising drilling holes for the cargo nets and the license plate in the front, but all went well.

I have to thank a bunch of you for the info on removing paneling, which made things a thousand times easier to get those cargo nets on too!

Time to order more toys!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,950 Posts
Welcome! We’re glad to have you here.

You've already done the first thing we ask of new members, and that's to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in your profile. The more fine-grained, the better! Virginia is a big place (there's NoVa, and there's everywhere else!), so can you narrow it down a bit? This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). The next thing that would be useful is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type should do it. That lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice. You can get to both signature and profile by pulling down Quick Links from the tan bar above.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester. Start with the stickies here at the New Member Introductions forum for info about Foresters in general and about how this place works.

·
Registered
2008 2.5XT Sports MT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I'm happy to finally be a member on the forum.

hal0tw0 and Cuddles, I'm in Lynchburg, VA for now (don't hold that against me) originally from NJ, then NY. I'd like to move closer to RVA sometime in the near future. It's funny, I've held out for at least 3 years for this exact model and just lucked into it when I found one still for sale. Just ran down and grabbed it pronto!

bbottomley, thanks for the info! I'll definitely read up on the FAQ and get that info in my signature next.

Just tinted the windows today and got the cargo nets in yesterday thanks to the helpful posts on the forum. Next comes the Accessport :p can't wait! I'll post some better pix very soon. Thanks again for the greetings and info everyone!

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Welcome from NoVA!

...there's NoVa, and there's everywhere else!
That's a good one! :icon_wink:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
5 Posts
Hi from former VA Resident

Welcome, I'm also new, and am a former NoVA resident (don't hold it against me) but now live in China and will soon be off to New Zealand. Enjoy the Foz!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts