Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just recently bought a 2003 Forester and am really liking it. Although, I am wondering if it has some kind of keyless entry system as there's only one key lock on the entire vehicle. Makes it hard getting my daughter buckled in first when she gets in the backseat on passenger side nad I have to go to the drivers' door to unlock.
otherwise, I'm really liking the car!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester purchase! :cool:

As to the keyless entry, it was standard on my '03 X, but the security system was optional. You have the XS, so I'd guess you have the keyless entry & the security system. If you didn't get a keyless entry/security fob when you purchased your Forester (should have 2), the seller may still have them. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
Welcome, by the time you read this you may have already seen it.:confused: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f77/remote-keyless-entry-74180/#post822331

We do encourage members to put a more regional location on their Public profile, you can also put your vehicle info into your Signature, that way it shows up every time you post making model specific responses quicker. You can accomplish all this in the pull-down menu of Quick Links. Just add basic info like year/model/transmission to your Signature.
And seeing as you are from MA you might be interested in this http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f73/wicked-big-meet-2010-a-55248/ as you can see a number of members from all over will be there.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,777 Posts
Welcome. Subaru, the official car of New England!

Yes, Massachusetts is a big place (well, sort of--especially from right to left). Tell us where!

Keyless entry was standard on all 2003 Foresters, so it appears that the previous owner either lost or forgot to give you the remotes. You can often find them on eBay for quite a reasonable price (and at the dealers for an exorbitant one). If it looks like either of these, it will work.

I'd recommend the one on the right (with either blue/orange or both gray buttons). The newer one on the left has had problems with false triggering.

Programming instructions are in the Owners Manual or at this page on cars101.com. It's an easy job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.