Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been trying to buy a Forester for a long time. I finally found two 05 XT's that I bought locally--getting these this next week. I've been reading the forum for a long time, and am getting to know these rigs a little bit. I've got some garage experience--but not with these. I'm excited to get to work on these. The downside, perhaps--is that they're both AT's. Would have loved to have a manual. Having never owned an AT turbo--I don't know how to really drive a turbo with an AT--I'm looking forward to finding out.

Look forward to getting to know more of you and picking up some tips.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
173 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've been out in Beavertown a few times to visit Intel. The thing I remember most is it rained almost the whole time.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Welcome, glad to hear of your find. So are they both for you or are you planning on a DD and a more modded one for fun?

I think you'll find a number of members quite happy with their automatics, I'm sure you'll hear from some and don't forget to check out some of the Members Journals when you have time.

Cheers

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,939 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've been out in Beavertown a few times to visit Intel. The thing I remember most is it rained almost the whole time.
It was sunny & perfect the first part of the week. Washed my '07 & had a great time driving around Wednesday. Would you believe it's been raining "heavy" & I do mean "HEAVY", nearly an inch since Wednesday! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Don't forget to sign up to the Oregon Owners group in the Pacific Forum (you may have to dig for it). You could find somebody close by that's as enthusiastic as you.
I'm starting a rumour that there will probably be a Oregon/Washington Forester owners meet somewhere, sometime this year.(and I don't even live close to there, yet)

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, glad to hear of your find. So are they both for you or are you planning on a DD and a more modded one for fun?

I think you'll find a number of members quite happy with their automatics, I'm sure you'll hear from some and don't forget to check out some of the Members Journals when you have time.

Cheers
Thanks for the welcome--good dog. to answer your question--I had bought both thinking that one would be for my wife and one for me. However, I now have two, and we found her a great deal on a 4-Runner. So, I figured that I could probably sell the burgundy 05 XT Premium soon.

I'm glad to hear that there are members that are happy with their AT's. I'm absolutely loving the way that it drives. What a kick. Look forward to seeing some of the member's journals. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't forget to sign up to the Oregon Owners group in the Pacific Forum (you may have to dig for it). You could find somebody close by that's as enthusiastic as you.
I'm starting a rumour that there will probably be a Oregon/Washington Forester owners meet somewhere, sometime this year.(and I don't even live close to there, yet)
Sounds cool. I'd love to go to a meet. The car guys I know don't seem to get my Forester fascination!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobby--I'm out in Newberg all the time. I work with a mechanic out there. And yeah, believe it or not, you heard right. Two 05 Forester XT Premiums. We bought my wife another car--and will probably sell the one with the higher miles (89K).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts