Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am living in Singapore and I am close to buy my first Subaru of my life and this will be the Forester.
I really like this SUV compare all the rest and I think it's the most performing one.
Currently I am looking at 4 year old model and max budget 42K SGD, but as new in this world anybody can give me some suggestion what to take a look?
Any particular issue on 2005 or 2006 model?
As I am not very familiar driving on right side I think I will purchase the auto one.
Any suggestion how to test drive and what to check?

I hope all yoiu guys will able to help me.

Ciao

Alberto:Banane17::Banane36:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
Welcome to the forums Lower mileage is always better to me when looking at used cars. Check for oil leaks on engine and under car around transmission and differentials, check condition of all the fluids in it, listen for any off vibrations when driving it, does it drive straight of pull to the side, do a few tight figure 8's to feel for any binding in the drive train. Check and see if all 4 tires are the same that's about all i can think of off hand

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,730 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon. :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester purchase! Post up a picture when you get one. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
chuck in tucson

Welcome Alberto

My daughter bought a new Forester in July and loves it. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

We were in Singapore last December. Awesome place. Looking forward to visiting again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi there!

There's quite a number of friendly forester owners in Singapore. Join us here

Scooby Club SG • Index page

and

SUBARU FORESTER . SG - Login

Rgds,
John
Hi John,

I am pretty new in Singapore insurance car matter and I find very difficult and taugh get some quotation for the car insurance as from most of the website people give to me or I found on internet ask a lot of info regarding the car and some other staff regarding insurance and I am not familiar at all.
How to get some quote without get crazy.

Alberto (Italy)

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT
50 Posts
Hi John,

I am pretty new in Singapore insurance car matter and I find very difficult and taugh get some quotation for the car insurance as from most of the website people give to me or I found on internet ask a lot of info regarding the car and some other staff regarding insurance and I am not familiar at all.
How to get some quote without get crazy.

Alberto (Italy)
Hi Alberto,

If you buy a used car privately (i.e. not through an agent), you will have to get your own insurance quotation.
If you buy a used car from a commerical agent, they can usually arrange the insurance for you as they will get a commission from it.

But yes, when you request for an insurance quotation, they usually need some information on the car and driver.

Have you tried LZ Assurance - Your One Stop Insurance Provider ? that's the guy (Henry/LZ) i use. Pretty good service. His other contact is

Mobile: 9785 0606
Email: [email protected]

feel free to pm me (either here or at the other two forums i suggested) if need be.

Rgds,
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi every body,

my research for my Subaru Forester is started few weeks ago, but I have one doubt...
Better a 05 2.0XT or a 06 2.0X?
I will like to buy the turbo one, but I think in Singapore no much place to enjoy the turbo..correct John?
And I don't think I will have many chance to go Malesya.
Any body have the 06 2.0X pdf manual or can tell me where to find?
Also which are the spec for the 2006 2.0X original car audio and which type of speakers are installed?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts