Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! It's nice to see a Forester specific forum!

I live in the land of Subies, but this is my first time owning a Subaru. I got the '09 Forester last Friday. :icon_razz: After having so many problems with Audi A4, I decided to go for Subaru after hearing rave reviews from my friends.

So far I am really liking it, except for the rattling noise coming from the passenger seat area:icon_cry:which I posted on this forum and got great responses.

I am trying to get more involved with this car, be more tuned to its noises and grunts so as to prevent problems and really enjoy driving this one.

I have to admit that I am still getting used to the mpg, I anticipated that it would be worse than my previous car, but my heart sinks every time the fuel gauge goes down.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and so glad I found this forum.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,720 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Oregonian! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Looking forward to pictures. :wink:

I'm assuming you have an X... doesn't specify on your post or Public Profile. There's a price to pay for a larger vehicle & AWD. I stopped checking my gas mileage when I started power MODding. :icon_eek:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2009 Forester X
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. And hi fellow Oregonian!
Yes, I have Forester X. Will post some photos as soon as I get the rattle fixed and get new license plates. I still have the temp license plate on.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here.

I see you've already been busy finding information and solutions to some nagging rattles. As you have seen, there are some great members willing to share their knowledge. They're what makes this such a great forum.:biggrin:

You can help us by possibly adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it will show up every time you post and will help with model specific responses. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

And since you are a PDX'er, you may want to sign up to http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f67/official-oregon-forester-owners-list-55942/. More great people, some closer than you think. I think they are are also going to try to put together a meet with the 'Official Washington Forester Owners', sometime this summer. If everyone attended there would be well over a hundred Foresters in one spot. Can anyone say group photo?

Enjoy the forum as much as you will enjoy your Forester.

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
COngrats & welcome to the forum from Central Washington.

joe r

1 - 11 of 11 Posts