Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my Forester, this is my third one, the first two went well over 200K with no trouble at all. I have some concerns with this one, few minor problems. My concern is the moonroof. I garage my Forester, one fine morning as I started my car, I noticed a "Crescent" shaped crack in my moonroof that was not there the night before. The crack starts in the middle and makes a crescent shape, never going to the edge. I am doing a little research on-line and a pattern seems to be forming. How many people have had this problem? My car is a 2006 Forester.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, sorry to hear of your dilemma hope we can help you out some.

Besides this old thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f88/cracked-glass-moonroof-8007/ I've not heard of many problems with cracking moon roofs. Is it possible that some type of impact caused it like a stone thrown up by a truck or something? I've got a small stone chip just above my rear hatch that had to be caused by a flying/falling stone.
Check out a aftermarket auto glass place to see if it's any less expensive. And consider having a light tint applied to the outside of the glass before they install it. That may help with any future impacts.

Keep us informed as to what you do.

PS you can also help us out by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it will show up every time you post, making model specific responses easier for everyone. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick Links, Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmission and you'll be good to go.

Theres a wealth of information here, so we hope you stick around and participate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts