Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,824 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us and hope you enjoy the forum made great by so many great members.

If you're looking for ideas, spend some time looking through the newly organized Members Journals created by one of our members - http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/directory-member-journals-74697/. I'm sure you may want to start one yourself.

You can also help us out by filling in more of your Public Profile and add some vehicle info to your Signature. Not only will this help everyone, you won't have to keep mentioning because it'll show up every time you post. It'll help with both regional and model specific responses down the line.
Theres always good info in the Pacific Forum, you might find something or somebody worth checking out.
You can use the pull-down menu in Quick Links and Edit Profile, the Edit Signature and add basic info like year/model/transmisson and you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
You've asked an open ended question. Any mods are dependant on what you want to get out of your new ride. You want 300hp, 400... 500 ? Better handling, offroad capability ? I suggest you state your goals; then others will be better able to suggest a path for you.

My advice, do it right the first time if you can afford to do so. Its much cheaper in the end to buy what you need rather than replace the same part 2x times over (but sometimes the wallet dicates what you'll buy)

Very first mod ? To me its always better tires. The OEM tires are terrible and improving any other part on the XT will just make them stand out that much more. Its a fun platform with lots of potential.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,755 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Looking forward to the pictures. :wink:

As to MODs... I usually start with what is missing or not as I think it should be... as in, make it better! You might want to start one of these Member Journal before you get too far into MODding. :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2008 FXT sport MT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I'll be sure to start up a journal. Still researching, but the general layout in my mind performance-wise is turboback exhaust, tune, and springs. Looking to add ~80hp. About an inch lower for the springs. As for now the wallet is definitely dictating what I buy.

The OEM tires are terrible and improving any other part on the XT will just make them stand out that much more
The car came with brand new Hankook ventus v4 tires..not sure how they compare to the OEMs but they feel OK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts