Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 2.5
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
Just purchased a used 2009 Forester X 2.5, Sage Green Metallic with tan cloth interior. It is pretty basic but the wife is happy with it and I am much happier with it than the 2008 Forester Sport with 5 speed we were looking at from the same dealer. We got the 2009 for $290 more than what they wanted for the 2008 and I think we did pretty good. We paid $18,790 for it and it had 15K miles on it. It is so much nicer than the 2008 model and everything is much more refined in my opinion. It rides significantly better and there is no horrible road noise like I heard in the 2008 we drove. Plus I got the automatic as I didn't want another manual transmission car. I drive everyday for work and shifting all day long gets tiresome. Well that's it glad to be here and hope to meet and discuss many things here Subaru related.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the group. :woohoo:

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,732 Posts
Welcome! We’re glad to have you here. Subaru, the official car of New England!

You've already done the first thing we ask of new members, and that's to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in your profile. The more fine-grained, the better! Connecticut is a big place, so can you narrow it down a bit? This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). The next thing that would be useful is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type should do it. That lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice. You can get to both signature and profile by pulling down Quick Links from the tan bar above.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester. Start with the stickies here at the New Member Introductions forum for info about Foresters in general and about how this place works.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 2.5
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I will update my profile with a little more info as soon as i can. I will also post up some pics of the new ride once we pick it up tomorrow. I am already thinking about adding a fog light kit, front underspoiler and rear lid spoiler. It came with steel wheels and hub caps which I hate but that is what it came with. In time I am sure i will get some better wheels. This will be a road warrior and not an offroad battle wagon and i really like the way the underspoiler looks on this body style. I am not a big fan of this body style but with the underspoiler it really spices it up a lot. I may also add some splash guards and chrome tips on the dual exhaust tips. Just a few inexpensive accessories to dress her up a little.

I used to be a professional dealership mechanic for Mercedes Benz and Ford so there is little i can't do myself although I have never toyed with a horizontal boxer engine I am sure they are not too much different than a conventional V configuration. Not planning on doing any crazy engine mods mostly just cosmetic stuff as it is going to be my daily driver for work. I will say that it is a huge improvement in almost every area from the 2008 model we drove. I could not get over the crazy amount of road noise on the 2008 Sport model. Plus the shifter was the worst one i have ever used in any make or model, very notchy and tough to feel the gear changes. i guess that with time I would have gotten used to it but it was a dealer breaker once i drove the 2009 w/auto.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Welcome to the clan from PA. I grew up in Connecticut :woohoo:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X 2.5
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will post a pic as soon as i get the required number of posts:icon_rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts