Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.

I recently purchased a 2003 2litre non turbo forester. I purchased this vehicle because I like going on hikes, which I believe will serve me well on off road terrain as well as having reasonable good performance on the streets. I bought the non turbo because frankly speaking, I cannot afford the turbo model at this time. I hope to acquire one some time later. My reason for joining this forum is to get ideas in relation to increasing performance (in stages) one step at a time. For example where or what to start with and proceed from there as my finance permits.

So that is it in a nutshell. I know there is a lot of you with lots of experience, so I am depending on you all to assist me in any way you can. All I ask is that you be honest in your advise and don't leave out any information that may cause harm to my baby(forester) and I.

Before I go, I have one question. I noticed on some foresters, inclusive of mine that the head light that is in front of the air intake has water droplets in it. Like it is sweating. It drys up a bit when the lights are on but it comes right back when it is switched off. Any ideas how to stop it from (sweating). I don't think it is the seal around the light. I am assuming it has to do with the air intake so close behind it. Help please

Chem (Trinidad & Tobago)

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Honestly, it is the seal around the headlight. The air intake is a single inlet system, and has a chamber (in the fender) to remove water from the intake stream before it enters the throttle body. There isn't supposed to be any water in the headlight unit at all.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
If your headlights are "fogging" or such it is an fact a seal issue. My headlights would fog up like crazy when the backs weren't sealed properly. It may not seem significant, but even an improperly installed bulb can cause the headlight assembly to fog up.

You should post up some pictures of your Forester, I'm sure we'd all love to check it out.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
Weleomce to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

For a modest proformance boost, I'd suggest upgrading the intake. That may be as easy as removing the intake silencer. Here's a link to my post. Keep in mind, yours will be different. The other MOD I'd suggest is a less restricted exhaust, which could be as simple as an axleback. Here's a link to my post. Again, yours will be different, but this will give you an ideal of what can be done easily. :smile:

Oh yes, love to see a picture of your '03 Forester. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone

I first would like to say thanks for taking the time to respond. Thanks for all the advise given, inclusive of the advice about show tires while I live in a tropical country that only has two seasons for the year. haha

Can I use silicone as a sealant or just ensure that the headlight is properly installed or use another sealant?

Thanks for the advice with respect to the modifications. Surprisingly I was thinking along the same lines but not sure exactly what type of intake or exhaust.

Expect pictures of my '03 forester very soon

Thanks again. Keep the info coming while I keep you all informed with my experiences with my forester.

Chem (Trinidad & Tobago)

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics of my Forester

See attached pics of my forester. You can see that one of my headlights has moisture in it as I describe before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester XS
4 Posts
Hello Chem,
I'm new too. I bought a 2003 XS just recently. I bought mine to carry my double seconds here in Kansas. Do you play pan too?
-ChiefDog

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no i don't play pan, sorry but i am proud to be from the country where pan originated. i played it for a short while when i was about 8yrs old. i bought the forester to go on hikes and camps with my dog Zeus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts