1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This past weekend I purchased a 2002 Forester S as a project car. :woohoo:

It has about 95K miles on it and the interior & exterior are in great condition. The engine needs work, there's a loud knocking sound coming from the left side of the engine (when facing from the front). My mechanic brother-in-law is pretty sure its piston problem. So, we're gonna pull the engine out, disassembly it and see whats going on..

I did find a thread on these forums with step by step instructions for engine and tranny removal, which looks like it will be a big help. :woohoo:

But I figure it can't hurt to see if anybody else has any additional advice.

oh.. one more thing.. this forum loads very slowly for me.. :mob: sometimes 3-5 minutes to load a page.. :shrug: I noticed that my browser is loading some google ads... Does anybody know if I pay the registration fee, whether that will make the pages load faster..

Thanks in advance and looking forward to being a member here!:rock:

SF

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Good luck on the repairs. :wink:

As to the forum loading slowly? :confused: Many of the threads are picture heavy, so if you have a slow internet connection, that may be your problem. I'm on FiOS (fiber optic) 2 mbps/up & 15 mbps/down. :smile:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts